Pillar Leader – Testing & Calibration
- Job Function: Product Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/8/2018 12:51:11 PM
- Job #: 2825396
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Leicester
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Testing & Calibration Pillar Leader is accountable for the functional and business objectives, reporting to the Pressure business GM. He/she develops ways to meet business goals by fostering growth, innovation & customer centricity.
The purpose of the role is to develop a global business strategy, product campaigns & offer technical & commercial support to customers, channel partners & the GE commercial organization. This role can impact both short-term & long-term strategic business goals.
• Based in Leicester, UK with travel up to 40% of the time and international travel.
• Own the global ATE & AGSE product strategy supporting the annual pressure business strategic growth plan (Growth Playbook) in conjunction with region P&L leaders, other product managers, fulfilment organizations, marketing & engineering; aligning product features, price positioning & value proposition messaging with market conditions to achieve product line growth & profitability objectives.
• Be responsible for creating short term success while establishing the long term profitable growth strategy for the Testing & Calibration product lines through cross-functional initiatives and programs partnering with supply chain, marketing, sales, commercial operations, engineering, finance and services teams.
• Own customer targeting and offering positioning strategies by analysing market data trends including: customer segments, market dynamics, competitive intelligence, and customer preferences by spending time in the field with regional sales teams and customers.
• Team up with marketing and sales teams to identify, articulate and synthesize global market requirements as well as develop a go-to-market plan and be accountable for new product introduction (NPI) commitments including launch schedules, sales and CM performance.
• Collaborate with engineering to determine priority of development programs and product specifications along with tracking NPI sales and fulfillment to ensure competitiveness, market leadership and continued product longevity.
• Be responsible for customer interaction and support as defined and required by the business.
• Partner with BD team to identify inorganic opportunities that support long term growth strategy, as well as drive overall integration of acquired businesses.
• Own, devise & manage the ATE & AGSE multi generation product plan (MGPP) and products from concept to fully obsolete; design, manufacture & service. Be responsible for understanding the product marketplace; know the competition and the product strengths and weaknesses to define the MGPP.
• Own key product metrics such as NPI & CPO deliverables, product sales, product cost out
• Team up and Collaborate with the Global Supply Chain team to drive product Lead Time reduction and On-Time-Delivery.
• Responsible for the technical & commercial interface and support customers, the product line functions and the Global Supply Chain.
• Drive innovative solutions by assessing opportunities for strategic partnerships with other businesses, customers or channel partners for inorganic growth.
• Lead cross-functional team to develop the Operating Plan and execute, whilst guiding the team to medium and long term growth objectives
• Manage allocation of cross-functional resources to support business objectives in agreement with Leadership Team.
• Responsible for negotiation with Sales and Customers.
• Deploy flow-down of customer contractual requirements to functional org.
• Drive cost containment efforts.
• Responsible for resolving business issues and assuring resolutions.
• Agree Product strategy with the Product Managers and then prepare business plans to identify required resources and develop strategies for 3 year growth.
• Responsible for operating practices, establishing procedures and guidelines.
• Partner with the other Pressure Pillar Leaders and the Commercial team to develop cross-pillar solutions and synergies.
• Generate ideas for and assist in the execution of simplification and cost out initiatives.
• Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in the pressure industry through roles in supply chain, technology, operations or product management.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team of direct reports.
• Technical experience in the instrumentation/process type industry.
• An understanding and willingness to learn customer applications for the Druck range (original equipment manufacturer) of Automatic Test Equipment and Aircraft Ground Support products typically in the industrial manufacturing & test market, the aircraft manufacturing & maintenance market, the process market (O&G, Power Gen, Chemicals/Pharma, Food/Bev) and associated service sector market.
• Proven success in a product management role.
• Able to handle queries regarding all aspects of product technical & commercial support.
• Work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer & business requests.
• An understanding of calibration and uncertainty budget calculation.
• An understanding of aircraft pitot-static avionics.
• Fluent English with good communication skills and able to present to a group.
• Ability to produce a technical document and perform a technical presentation.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
• Demonstrated leadership & ability to influence in a cross-functional, matrix team environment.
• Previous experience leading complex global organizations Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, able to deliver executive level presentations.
• Strong organizational & facilitation ability.
• Exceptional commercial/business acumen.
• Proven analytical skill set & strategic mind-set.
• Capable of planning and executing major initiatives.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with high level of accuracy.
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network