Lead Project Planner
- Job Function: Project Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/14/2017 4:49:07 AM
- Job #: 2912105
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Rugby
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
An opportunity to be part of a team delivering technology for prestige contracts of national security importance. This role will give the applicant first-hand experience of delivering critical equipment for a Government programme that will continue for many years to come and will receive high-profile recognition within the sector.The Lead Project Planner will be responsible for leading discussions and schedules in relation to the customer needs and making decisions on the project plan.
For projects in execution, PP&C is responsible to timely issue, update and control the Master Time Schedules according to contractual requirements and quality policies, supporting project targets of Sales, Contribution Margin and Cash collection.
PP&C is responsible to pro-actively interface with planners from suppliers and factories for the creation of an integrated project time schedule. PP&C represents the project towards clients and end customer for planning issues and planning risk reviews.
During ITO phase, he/she is responsible for creation and follow-up of the Tender Time Schedules (TTS).
- Completeness and project team buy-in of MTS baseline (1st planning)
- Timely distribution of updated Master Time Schedule and planning risks to project team
- Timely distribution of project reporting and portfolio planning data
- Generates and monitors execution of the Tender Time Schedule during ITO phase
- Prepare delivery analysis schedule (by project) according to customer requests & internal constraints, highlighting critical path and specific constraints.
- Assess deal convertibility and support linearity process to meet organization sales and contribution margin targets
- Issue the Master Time Schedule (First Plan) agreed with OTR functions which is the baseline that sets target dates for the activities for Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing.
- Update and review the Project Schedule, to assess and verify the progress, identify current or possible future risks and propose solutions to issues; he/she is also responsible to maintain and regularly communicate to the Planning Leader the progress & main schedule risks for each project as well as assure full data quality of baseline and current versions of the plan
- Support the Prj Mgr with all necessary elements to issue the Monthly Report according to contractual requirements
- Together with Sourcing Fulfilment and Logistic teams, support the shipping process.
- Participates at all negotiations affecting Master Time Schedule.
- Prepares and timely provides all the Project Planning Reporting on a monthly and/or weekly basis and highlights critical areas for the attention of the Project Manager and Project Team including Participants.
- Ensures a pro-active and transparent schedule activity forecasting to identify in advance potential delays and to suggest effective recovery action plans with the involved parties, under the direction of the Project Manager.
UK National, able to obtain UK MoD security clearance.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
Knowledge of Steam Turbine and Steam Condenser products, Risk Management tools & techniques, PMI-SP certification
Locations: United Kingdom; Rugby
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network