General Ledger Accountant
- Job Function: Finance
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 11:06:52 AM
- Job #: 1706413
- Location(s): Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur; KUALA LUMPUR
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Global Accounting Centre of Baker Hughes a GE company (BHGE) is based our Kuala Lumpur office. The General Ledger Accountant role will be working closely with a group of professional supporting the General Accounting within global financial organisation.
- Under direct supervision, assists in the day-to-day accounting activities which may include maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and/or in the preparation of basic financial reports.
- Conducts related General Ledger (GL) closing activities ensuring that they are completed in time and accordance to the set guidelines -which is specific to the GL Activity only (GRIR, AP Cost accrual , Prepayment process)
- Prepares, document and keep up to date processes for accounting role.
- Prepares and Review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the BHI team and Accenture.
- Provide advice and support to the team with regards to correcting entries required.
- SAP analysis of various company codes which involves analysis of other general accounts as well on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions
- Implements best practices in Regional Accounting Centre (RAC) and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Works closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in General Accounting / Ledger
- Experience in Shared Service will be added advantage
- Experience in SAP will be added advantage
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Good attention to detail with good analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good PC skills.
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur; KUALA LUMPUR
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network