CNC Machinist - Oklahoma City, OK
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 11:01:05 AM
- Job #: 1709440
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
As a Machinist with Baker Hughes, a GE company you will Set-up and operate special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- May perform machining, painting, and/or shipping processes.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and specialty/custom CNC equipment.
- Must demonstrate intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD's, turn ID’s, qualify ID and OD, thread using inserts) on at least three machines; CNC mill, CNC lathe, and CNC mill turn (configure feeds, speeds, and offsets).
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- May perform administrative, inventory, and other work required in the shop.
Be familiar with Okuma, Mazak, Mori Seiki, and/or Weingartner controls
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification or vocational school for machining
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Ability to stand during majority of shift, occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 10 pounds of force
- Basic computer knowledge for documenting work activity
- Ability to drive forklift and operate overhead crane and obtain certification
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
- Candidates must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays, if required
Oklahoma City, OK
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network