E&I Technician - Chemical Manufacturing
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/28/2017 11:50:37 AM
- Job #: 1709998
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Merseyside; LIVERPOOL
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
To provide comprehensive Electrical/Instrument maintenance support for all aspects of process and chemical plant, machinery and systems, this includes maintaining, improving and modifying all types of equipment and assets on site.
- Responsible for performing maintenance and calibration work on a wide range of electrical & instrument equipment
- Identify and rectify any equipment faults
- Undertake routine maintenance on site electrical systems, earthing, motor inspections, low voltage testing
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are fully logged and recorded
- Train and coach other members of the team and other colleagues
- Responsible for supporting the implementation and adherence of HS&E policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all company standard practices and policies are adhered to
- Ensuring all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with quality specifications
- Assisting other Maintenance engineers / technicians to carry out their tasks when required.
- Responsible for the reviewing of working practices in relation to Maintenance standards.
- Contribute to the successful achievement of any planned maintenance schedules
- Ad-hoc projects/duties as assigned.
- ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations would be beneficial
- Compex certification is desirable
- Time served apprenticeship preferred
- Experience within a Chemical/Petrochemical manufacturing environment
- Experience of maintaining and servicing electrical systems and instrumentation
- Experience of working on lower/top tier COMAH site beneficial
- Experience of working with Batch Process Control Systems (BPCS) beneficial
- Knowledge of Distributed Control System (DCS) – Siemens PCS7 preferred
- Service, calibration and maintenance of basic instrument loops – flow, level, pressure, weight and temperature
- Motor control circuits, motor testing preventative maintenance and fault identification
- Basic fault finding techniques
- Knowledge of continual improvement processes
- Knowledge of IEC 61508/11 (SIL) would be beneficial
- Understanding of DSEAR (ATEX) Regulations
- Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings (PID’s, loop drawings and SLD’s) instructions and manuals
- Skills in working with third parties and suppliers
- Skills in coaching and developing others
- Ability to work in a team (both own function and across other functional teams) as well as being able to work on own initiative
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Planning and Organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Skilled in identifying process improvements and implementing continual improvement requirements
- Skills in undertaking root cause analysis
- Diplomacy skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Flexible in their approach and willing to learn and develop
- Skilled in the use of SAP and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work safely and ensure others work safely
- Skills in the use of CMMS (Maximo) would be beneficial
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Merseyside; LIVERPOOL
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network