Plant Manager - Oil&Gas
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 12:41:24 PM
- Job #: 2947974
- Location(s): Indonesia; Batam
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Lead the Manufacturing/Supply Chain operations in Batam supporting the region to achieve the goals (OTD, Quality, Margin, Cash). Manage manufacturing activities to achieve on time delivery in a cost-effective manner while maintaining consistent standards of quality. Review and provide direction to all manufacturing related departments, working with all functions to implement continuous improvement initiatives in manufacturing processes.
• Will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. This role will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. Responsible for meeting all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments
• Control manufacturing processes through plans that consider personnel requirements, materials, turnout, sub-contracting, facilities, tooling, and equipment
• Ensure assigned employees are aware / comply with all GE, government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
• Perform necessary activities associated with effective management of shop operations, including necessary interface activities with other functions and organizations required to accomplish all objectives
• Implement the Manufacturing plans, utilizing processes that will assure highest possible quality products at the lowest possible cost, delivered in accordance to schedule commitments
• Support proactive proposal and inquiry activity at all organizational levels
• Develop necessary business plans to enhance the Master Manufacturing Plan which encompasses all program requirements, including throughput, labour hours, cycle, cost, productivity
• Provide ongoing supervision and counselling for employees, guiding them in current positions, and assisting with career development and training
• Assure commitment in own and others actions to the pursuit of highest possible quality of services and delivered products to customers
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical or industrial engineering from an accredited university or college
• Fluent in Bahasa and English
• Minimum 5 year experience in a manufacturing leadership position
• Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, standard cost systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Master Degree & Business Management experience
• Able to work within a multi-discipline, cross-functional environment
• Ability to work in Matrix organization - influencing and gaining commitment at all levels of the organization.
• OMLP grad (for internal candidates only)
• Experience with start-up of plants and performance turn-arounds
Locations: Indonesia; Batam
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network