Process and Pipeline Field Engineer II
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/6/2017 8:48:50 AM
- Job #: 1710313
- Location(s): Netherlands; Limburg; OIRSCHOT
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
You will provide technical support to the Process and Pipelines business, work under minimal supervision, and assume the role of Project Engineer as assigned on a variety of both Process and Pipeline projects.
- Establish project requirements and design specifications.
- Prepare procedures, quality plans, safety plans, and perform engineering as required.
- Conduct onsite visits.
- Train, supervise, motivate, and assist in development of Trainee Engineers, and support Engineer Development program.
- Assist field operations with equipment problems, new equipment requirements, and modifications.
- Closely communicate with customers and management.
- Assume lead (Project Engineer) role on major projects if required.
- Insure full compliance and awareness of relevant company and customer safety procedures and policies.
- Provide technical assistance to sales and tendering departments.
- Adopt a strong safety culture as well as a continuous quality improvement approach to the performance of PPS Services.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- University Degree in Engineering required.
- 3 plus years’ experience in PPS industry, preferably on large projects.
- Able to work in a team environment
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Travel and time away from home is a requirement, with work offshore, and possible international work, as needed.
- Proficient use of computer based programs
- Up to 50% of time spent working away from base location.
- Ample opportunity to progress for motivated individuals, through a diverse range of additional services (P&M and ILI) being offered from this central European location.
- Language skills: English required. Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian, German would be an asset
Oirschot, The Netherlands
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Netherlands; Limburg; OIRSCHOT
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network