Chemical Technician (Downstream Chemicals) Houston, TX
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/30/2018 4:53:36 PM
- Job #: 1710599
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Chemical Technician needed to support the efforts of the local Petrochemical Team in multiple petrochemical plants. Work closely with the site managers and account managers to provide successful chemical treatment programs for a valuable customer. They will conduct routine chemical measurements, chemical transfer, supervises chemical deliveries, confirm flowrates and document activity. Working independently at times or within a team to complete projects.
- Ability to resolve less complex problems, while more complex problems are assigned to next level
- Work with pumps, generators, hoses, and fittings
- Chemical transferring & deliveries
- Moving materials, components and other products
- Collection of process and water samples
- Daily laboratory testing of oil and water samples to insure conformance to key chemical treatment parameters
- Documentation and submittal of lab results and treatment results to account managers
- Assist account managers with in plant duties including loading/unloading treatment chemicals, chemical pump monitoring, chemical tank inventories, and chemical injection system repair
- Performing other duties as needed
- High School Diploma with 5+ years’ exp. in a lab environment OR Industrial site
Industrial or chemical / refinery plant experience
Experience with pumps and hoses
Must be able to successfully pass US Coast Guard Drug & Alcohol Testing Regulations
Clean Driving record & able to obtain a TWIC Card
Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Associate's with 3+ years’ experience OR Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years’ experience
- Self-motivated, very strong interpersonal skills, an a quick learner
- Laboratory experience using wet chemistry testing methods
- Knowledge of how to perform additive injections
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Experience working with generators and fittings
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network