SSA Manager / Controls TA - BHGE Korea
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 12:31:48 PM
- Job #: 2977359
- Location(s): Republic of Korea; Seongnam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The SSA (Supporting Services Agreement) Manager / Controls TA (Technical Advisor) will be responsible for managing and implementing all our long-term service agreements within South Korea. You will also be tasked with developing our supporting services offering further, as well as providing our customers with a local point of contact who will manage their requests and escalate as necessary.
- Manage, develop and improve our long term supporting services contracts within South Korea.
- Coordinate and supervise internal and external processes to ensure SSA work scopes are delivered to contractual requirements.
- Proactively engage our current SSA customers to develop long-term relationships.
- Troubleshoot existing Control Solutions hardware and software installations on-site.
- Prepare for SSA services jobs and liaise with the services and project managers as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to customers on site as needed.
- Provide training to customer employees as needed.
- Write accurate and detailed reports after completion of each job.
- Maintain a working and operational knowledge of all Control Solutions hardware and software.
- Provide support on CS installation and commissioning jobs as and when required.
- Assess and monitor site safety during job execution.
- Conduct internal and external training.
- Communicate professionally with customer and other team members.
- Understand T&C (Terms and Conditions) commitments.
- University or college degree in Electrical / Electronic/ Mechanic Engineering, or Technical High School.
- 3-5 years related work experience in Oil & Gas and Power Plant industry field activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills, “hands-on approach".
- Strong knowledge in rotating equipment control philosophy (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Centrifugal Compressor, Reciprocate Compressor) and their auxiliaries.
- Strong knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control center (MCC), direct current panel (DCP), distributed control system (DCS) and firefighting system installation and commissioning.
- Basic knowledge of generator excitation systems.
- Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments and actuators. (servo-valves, thermo elements, transmitters etc…)
- Ability to handle special tools like multi-meter, frequency generator, oscilloscope and field generator.
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings. (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc…).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willing to travel approx. 70% of the time, in country and within Asia, and to work over-time as necessary.
- Knowledge of machinery protection and management systems.
- Fluent English.
- Valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport).
- Strong computer skills using MS Office software.
- Experience with either, MKV or MKVI or MKVie Control Panel.
- Familiarity with computer network systems.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs.
Locations: Republic of Korea; Seongnam
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network