Software Engineering Manager
- Job Function: Project Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 12:04:51 PM
- Job #: 2978758
- Location(s): Russian Federation; Moscow
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Set-ups, leads and manages new software development process and team for Predix platform.
|In this role, you will:|
• Be responsible to mobilize resources to setup development process for new Predix powered cloud solutions. Establish training process and permanent knowledge sharing process to retain & build key competencies.
• Develop and establish processes to create and support new software to meet customer requirements. In collaboration with global Predix product team, deploy software development environment that allows fast software delivery and support.
• Analyze requirements, design and develop an architecture of applications and microservices, decompose functional requirements while formulating technical requirements - tools, libraries, frameworks, and existing components to build new software product.
• Review, analyze and develop architectural requirements corresponding to the project goals.
• Be a part of the team which is responsible for design, delivery, commissioning, and maintenance of the cloud based solutions for customers and ensure that solution is aligned with customer characteristics and agreed metrics.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with cloud technologies in developers or architecture roles with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions. Experience in end-to-end development of new software application, its improvement, deployment and support
• Fluent in English language (writing, reading, speaking, listening)
• Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based architectures
• Solid knowledge of CI/CD or Devops tools & principles: Jenkins, Docker, Bash, Git
• Practical experience and participation in Python or Java projects as software or devops engineer
• Practical experience in process/tasks automation (Python/Ruby, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Bash, Jenkins).
• Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals; demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Collaborate with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meet with project leaders and software development leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Closely work with Product owner’s team and Deployment team to receive feedback, suggest product & architecture improvements.
• Ensure understanding of issues and present clear justification.
Successful candidate will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
Locations: Russian Federation; Moscow
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network