Field Engineer (Wireline) - Midland, TX
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 11:05:51 AM
- Job #: 1711224
- Location(s): United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Field Engineer (Wireline) to be based in Midland, TX.
Responsible for the safe, efficient performance, management, and administration of logging operations at the customer wellsite.
Work with the drill crew on location to coordinate operations at the rig and/or production facility.
Advise customer representative in the logging and completions operations; interpret logging data, troubleshooting, and other wellsite analysis and decision-making processes.
Responsible for servicing and keeping an operational standard of the field unit, leadership of the logging crew and maintenance of the equipment and facility.
Assist with the training of assigned personnel in completions operations. Promote and maintain.
Other reasonable duties as determined by management
- Conducts all business activities in accordance to BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements, and BHGE Core Values.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in Open Hole Wireline applications
- Ability to be on call outside of normal business hours
- Thorough mechanical and application proficiency in an oil and gas environment
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, or Civil Engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of BHGE Wireline methods.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network