Technical Sales Representative (Process & Pipeline Services) - Sarnia, ON
- Job Function: Sales
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 11:04:01 AM
- Job #: 1712259
- Location(s): Canada; Ontario; SARNIA
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This position will be responsible for building and maintaining a strong client base in the Ontario and Quebec region. The successful candidate will support building technical proposals highlighting the strengths of Baker Hughes, a GE company Process and Pipeline Services (PPS) as a market leader in the sector.
- Win market share through building a strong customer base.
- Actively promote new products and services including strategic initiatives, marketing plans, target, lists, risk analysis, etc.
- Deliver technical presentations to potential and existing clients to build business.
- Responsible for initial concept and technical feasibility of project scopes.
- Work with engineering team to develop technically sound, competitive bid packages.
- Participate in contract and commercial negotiations.
- Work closely with operations to ensure sales commitments can be met.
- Set and meet monthly/quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Gather, record and maintain competitive information.
- Actively participate in sales meetings, budget process and other associated meetings.
- Develop strategic marketing plan for sales region.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years technical sales experience.
- Ability to build relationships through strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and take initiative attitude.
- Good personal discipline, planning and organizational skills.
- Available to travel to cover large sales region.
- Process and Pipeline chemical cleaning, nitrogen, pipeline pigging, and decontamination experience is a preferred asset.
- Professional proficiency in English and French.
- Working toward or have obtained Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or Professional Engineer (PEO) registration.
Locations: Canada; Ontario; SARNIA
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network