Spooler Bander (Artificial Lift) - Evansville, WY
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/3/2018 3:50:38 PM
- Job #: 1711175
- Location(s): United States; Wyoming; EVANSVILLE
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, A GE Company, is seeking a Spooler Bander in Evansville, WY.
- Under general supervision is responsible for spooling and banding electrical power cable utilized on ESP systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators
- Spools cable onto cable reel as the tubing is being pulled out of the well. Bands cable onto tubing as the down unit and tubing are being run into the well
- Maintains cable service truck and trailer, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- May be called upon to assist with training new Cable Installation employees
- Proper completion of DOT log books, DOT inspection forms, and turn in for office records.
Proficiently performs equipment lay downs as requested by customers and completes paperwork
- Completes daily time sheet.
Conducts field analysis and tests cable strings after they have come out of the well
- The ability to collect information during testing and inspection to provide customers with recommendations on equipment or cable status
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice
- Previous experience in the oil Field
- Class A CDL highly preferred
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree preferred
- Previous experience working with Electrical Submersible Pumps
- Ability to perform frequent travel in the field
- Experience operating artificial lift equipment to include cable splicing and spooling.
- Ability to be on call 24/7
- High School Diploma with a Mechanical or Electrical Background
- Candidates must be team players
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Wyoming; EVANSVILLE
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network