Field Service Technician
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Entry-Level
- Posted Date: 3/13/2018 1:51:45 PM
- Job #: 2991702
- Location(s): Norway; Stord
BH GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are primarily looking for a technician/engineer with valid certification for electrical installation. The Field Service Technician needs to have knowledge of building, testing, service and operating WOCS systems and other electro-hydraulic control systems for subsea projects and others.
- Control, function test, repair work and reporting of necessary maintenance of delivered or rented equipment.
- Perform all essential pressure testing in line with installation and maintenance.
- Assist and perform preparation of work-, status - or problem reports to customer or project.
- Assist in planning of shipping equipment from offshore or customer site.
- Assist and perform testing.
- Reporting all non-conformances and malfunctions
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Comply with Advantec a BH GE company and customer policies, procedures relating to Health and Safety
- Maintain customer focus to meet operational deadlines
- Technician/engineer with valid certification for electrical installation (installatørpapirer til elektrisk anlegg)
- Trade school and/or relevant certificate of apprenticeship within automation and/or electrical
- Be able to work in a busy environment and handle pressure
- Experience working with procedures and documentation
- Being able to read schematics, drawings and BOM (bill of materials)
- Valid health certificate for off and onshore work
- Able to comply with customer requirements, an evaluation that is based on the product / structure's complexity, or out of the requirements for safety, environment and property
- Good interpersonal skills as a team player or individual.
- Master Norwegian both written and verbally
- Master English both written and verbally
- PC Literate: Word, Excel, MS Outlook
- Prepared to work as part of a team or individually when required
Locations: Norway; Stord
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network