Sr Product Management Manager 1 - Product Manager
- Job Function: Product Management
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/8/2018 1:52:37 PM
- Job #: 2998678
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Leicester
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Senior Product Manager works cross functionally developing practical and innovative ways to meet goals fostering growth, innovation and customer centricity. Is responsible for work that is less defined in scope, has the understanding and experience to own, define and drive for Software, ATE & AGSE products: a product MGPP, a global business strategy, product campaigns and tactically offer technical and commercial support to customers, channel partners and the GE commercial organization.
- Own the global ATE & AGSE product strategy supporting the annual pressure business strategic growth plan (Growth Playbook) in conjunction with region P&L leaders, other product managers, fulfilment organizations, marketing & engineering; aligning product features, price positioning & value proposition messaging with market conditions to achieve product line growth & profitability objectives.
- Based in Leicester, UK with travel up to 40% of the time and international travel required
- Own customer targeting and offering positioning strategies by analysing market data trends including: customer segments, market dynamics, competitive intelligence, and customer preferences by spending time in the field with regional sales teams and customers.
- Partner with marketing & sales teams to develop internal/external messaging around commercialization of new product introduction & product applications.
- Own product forecasting, product pricing, product contribution margin, product datasheets, product campaigns, product commercialization and product sales training.
- Own, devise & manage the ATE & AGSE multi generation product plan (MGPP) and products from concept to fully obsolete; design, manufacture & service.
- Own key product metrics such as new product introduction (NPI) deliverables, product sales and product cost out.
- Responsible for the technical & commercial interface and support between customers and the product line functions
- Drive innovative solutions by assessing opportunities for strategic partnerships with other businesses, customers or channel partners for inorganic growth.
- Generate ideas for and assist in the execution of simplification and cost out initiatives
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline plus technical experience in instrumentation or equivalent knowledge & experience
- An understanding and willingness to learn customer applications for the Druck range of ATE & AGSE products typically in the industrial manufacturing & test market, the aircraft manufacturing & maintenance market, the process market (O&G, Pwr Gen, Chem/Pharma, Food/Bev) and associated service sector market.
- Proven success in a product management role
- Able to handle queries regarding all aspects of product technical & commercial support
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer & business requests
- An understanding of calibration and uncertainty budget calculation
- An understanding of aircraft pitot-static avionics
- Fluent English with good communication skills and able to present to a group
- Ability to produce a technical document and perform a technical presentation
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Demonstrated leadership & ability to influence in a cross-functional, matrix team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to deliver executive level presentations
- Strong organizational & facilitation ability
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- Proven analytical skill set & strategic mind-set
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with high level of accuracy
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network