ARMO Technician (Drilling Services) – Mount Pleasant, PA
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/25/2018 3:52:32 PM
- Job #: 1712867
- Location(s): United States; Pennsylvania; MOUNT PLEASANT
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Assembly Technician supporting Drilling Services at our facility in Mt Pleasant, PA location.
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation
- Ability to identify and communicate technical problems by using logical troubleshooting techniques
- Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
- High School diploma or GED with a minimum 2 years relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive).
- Basic skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, mego-hm meters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
- Basic computer skills
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical field
- 1+ years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum
- Ability to operate crane/hoist and pallet jack
- Knowledge of power and pneumatic tools and their uses (examples: drill, grinder, polisher, sander, screwdriver, wrenches and sockets)
- Knowledge of workshop equipment and their uses (examples: air compressor, cleaning equipment, grease gun, hoist, jack, lifting equipment, measuring equipment, diagnostic equipment)
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and their uses (examples: tapes, dial test indicator, micrometer, torque wrenches, vernier calipers)
- Proficient in reading/interpreting assembly blueprints and following written and verbal work instructions
- Forklift experience
- Troubleshooting skills
- Electrical experience
- Candidates must be available for working overtime, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Candidates must have authorization to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
Mt. Pleasant, PA
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Pennsylvania; MOUNT PLEASANT
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network