Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This position will be working in collaboration with the Field Manager providing technical and sales support to key accounts and clients. The successful candidate should have the ability to act in a consultative environment, developing relationships using knowledge and expertise to meet the chemical treatment needs of industrial clients.
- Responsible for the effective and profitable management of key customer accounts
- Perform plant visits to gather and test samples, extract and evaluate operational data
- Analyze/interpret results to create a report of corrective actions to be discussed with the customer
- Document and present the continuous benefits of BHGE products and services to the customer through effective communication
- Become an active member of the customer’s technical team, with a focus on troubleshooting current issues in a timely manner to further strengthen the customer relationship
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop strategies for the short term and long term growth of the business
- Develop a keen awareness of customer needs in order to create strategies to drive the growth of BHGE base business and gain market share from the competition
- Leverage technical expertise in Refinery Chemical Treatment to become a valued consultant at the customer site
- Experience in Refinery or Petrochemical processes, or similar heavy industry
- Ability to develop relationships in a consultative environment
- Comfortable working independently as well as within a collaborative team
- Strong analytical , troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Valid and clean driver’s license
- Ability to be available “on call” and travel when required
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering preferred, will consider degree in Chemistry, Biology or a Certified Technologist.
- Experience and/or knowledge specific to Industrial Chemical Treatment
- Ideally 3 years of previous industry experience
- Professional Engineer status would be an asset
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more