AMO Equipment Technician (Artificial Lift) - Midland, TX
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/19/2018 1:54:07 PM
- Job #: 1713294
- Location(s): United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an immediate opening for an Assembly, Maintenance & Overhaul Equipment Technician Midland, TX for Artificial Lift.
- Ability to read drawing.
- Maintain shop equipment.
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices
- Work is performed using common hand tool.
- Have the ability to read scales to ensure correct measurements
- Input information into workspace to ensure traceability
- May perform administrative and inventory work
- Basic computer skills
- Work within BHGE Health and Safety rules and guidelines
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum two years of related experience in a coating shop for ALS
- Working knowledge of Crane and common hand tools.
- Strong housekeeping ability in order to maintain cleanliness of shop.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills required
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes required
- Will be required to remain on call for after hours or weekend work
- Ability to work efficiently in teams required
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner required
- Ability to work 2nd shift
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Ability to work an “on call” rotating weekend schedule as needed
- Any experience in oil field equipment preparation preferred
- Knowledge of blasting and coating machines.
- Experience with ALS tools
- This is a 2nd shift position: Monday – Friday starting at 4:00 am – and typically requires 15 – 20 hours of overtime per week.
- For this position, we are ideally seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in the USA for any employer. If you do not have current eligibility to work in USA, then please visit our website to explore one of the many other opportunities that we have to offer in other locations that you may be eligible for.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network