ARMO Technician – 2nd Shift (Artificial Lift) - Midland, TX
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 11:09:25 AM
- Job #: 1713361
- Location(s): United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Assembly, Repair, Maintenance, & Overhaul Technician – 2nd Shift at the Artificial Lift Facility in Midland Texas
- Under limited supervision, performs mechanical assembly, maintenance, and overhaul on equipment.
- Test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electrical/mechanical assemblies
Conducts all business activities in accordance with company HSE policies, legal compliance requirements, and core values
- May perform administrative and inventory work
- This position will routinely conduct electrical/mechanical inspections and assembly. This is a 2nd shift position: Monday – Friday starting at 4:00 pm – and typically requires 15 – 20 hours of overtime per week.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
2+ year of hands on electrical/mechanical maintenance or assembly experience in an industrial environment.
- Good electrical/mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand during majority of shift, occasionally lift/carry up to 55 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 10 pounds of force.
- Ability to use hands and wrists repetitively while using hand tools
- Basic computer knowledge for documenting work activity
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Ability to work an “on call” rotating weekend schedule as needed
- 1 year of oil and gas industry experience
- 1 year forklift experience handling tubulars
- Knowledge of and experience operating an overhead crane/hoist
- Knowledge of and experience using multi-meters for performing various electrical measurements, such as on: current, resistance and voltage.
- General technical knowledge in electrical devices.
- For this position, we are ideally seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in the USA for any employer. If you do not have current eligibility to work in USA, then please visit our website to explore one of the many other opportunities that we have to offer in other locations that you may be eligible for.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network