Driver (Long Haul Chemical Transport) - Calgary, AB
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 11:10:34 AM
- Job #: 1713359
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; LEDUC
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Long Haul Chemical Transport Driver (Travel throughout Western Canada). The successful individual will be transporting materials throughout Western Canada.
- Directly responsible for personal safe driving habits and handling our products in a safe and responsible manner according to BHGE policy, customer policy, and government, provincial, state and local laws
- Loading and unloading of hazardous production chemicals
- Driving safely and courteously up and down public roads
- Obeying all traffic laws including specific oil company rules and regulations
- Recording information pertaining to the delivery
- Use of a forklift
- Communicating with managers, plant and office staff for loading, delivery and route planning
- Work in warehouse, yard, Canadian market and perform other duties as needed
- Enter Text High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Work safe at all times, and support BHGE core values
- Must hold Class 1 driver’s license with 5+ years of long haul driving experience
- Must have 3+ years of chemical delivery experience
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to write legibly and complete all required paperwork
- Log hours as required by Transport Canada & DOT, eLogs are installed but must be able to complete paper logs if required
- Must have knowledge of Transport Canada & DOT dangerous goods rules and regulations
- Must be able to load and unload trucks from bulk tank farm
- Must have knowledge of load securement regulations
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have a high level of personal integrity, while being both responsible and organized to maintain equipment and complete daily work role responsibilities in a safe and timely manner
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a daily basis
- Possess good communication skills and have the ability to get along with co-workers and be part of a team environment.
- Able to be on call as needed
- Keep work area and assigned truck clean
- Prefer candidates with chemical delivery experience
- Experience long haul driving in Western Canada
- Prefer candidates with previous oil and gas experience
- Able to work in all conditions
- Experience with chemical safety
- Experience with pumps, valves and other liquid handling equipment
- Experience operating various types of equipment
- This is primarily a Monday to Friday position. Anything past 10 hours per day or 50 hours per week will be considered overtime. Monday to Friday schedule is also subject to change as required
- Work on Saturdays and Sundays as required
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Canada; Alberta; LEDUC
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network