Applications Engineer (Drill Bits) - Midland, TX
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/21/2017 5:51:14 PM
- Job #: 1711235
- Location(s): United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is hiring an Applications Engineer (Drill Bits) to be located in Midland, TX.
- Under broad direction provides highly skilled level sales support and product application recommendations on drill bits.
- Responsible for providing sales support and product application recommendations
- Coordinates with Area Engineering teams to implement Area specific product strategies and best practices
- Provides technical guidance and presentations to customers relating to product performance and new drill bit technology
- Will investigate unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative actions
- Performs customer technical presentations
- Qualifies customer for Drilling Optimization and Application Engineering projects and coordinates efforts
- Provides technical consultation to customers on product / performance issues
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering
- 5+ years of Drill Bits Applications experience
- Strong MS Office experience
- This initiative driven, problem solver should be willing to increase their knowledge base in drill bit and drilling systems applications within the oilfield industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in sales or account management or similar client-facing role
Locations: United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network