Controls TA Gas Turbine Controls & Instrumentation
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 12:13:55 PM
- Job #: 3018374
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta, British Columbia; Calgary, Vancouver, Kamloops
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Controls Field Service Technical Advisor is responsible for technical direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation, operational maintenance, testing and start up activities on Baker Hughes GE, Aero-derivative & Heavy Duty Gas Turbine Controls & Instrumentation systems in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements & operating primarily within the Western Canada Region between Southern British Columbia & Southern Alberta
- Provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of GE products.
- Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
- Provide Project and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems, issues & trends.
- Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Provide communication to Product Support and Field Service teams regarding all program activities and problems through regular, timely reports.
- Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
- Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyze any undesirable trends.
- Make recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify future needs.
- Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements.
- Use initiative and experience to interpret, and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and ongoing customer support.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position). Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience on GE MK VI & MKVIe control systems is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience in leading site construction & maintenance activities.
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability.
This position can be based at any location from Calgary to Vancouver. Depending on location you may have a home office.
Locations: Canada; Alberta, British Columbia; Calgary, Vancouver, Kamloops
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network