Junior Bit Fabricator (Drill Bits) - Night Shift - The Woodlands, TX
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 11:12:36 AM
- Job #: 1713579
- Location(s): United States; Texas; THE WOODLANDS
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Junior Bit Fabricator - Night Shift in The Woodlands, TX.
- Works within a number of different processes/operations to produce or repair Diamond Cutter Bits.
- These processes include, but are not limited to, machining, welding, plotting, clean-up, quality inspection, painting, furnacing, repair, pricing, and bit shopping preparation.
- Sets-up and operates machines for production or bit repair according to bit specifications and bill of materials.
- Actively participates in company Total Quality Management process, Self-Directed Team process and Safety process.
- May be responsible for training other team members.
- Works within skill based pay system which requires minimum points/number of jobs to be qualified for each level.
- See HCC progression program for number of points/jobs required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Manual assembly and/or fabrication experience.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment, i.e., calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, routers, bill of materials, manufacturing procedures manual, basic math (adding, subtracting, multiplying, fractions).
- Ability to read and perform functions to the product specifications.
- Ability to operate a forklift and to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication skills required.
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- This position will be working the Night Shift which would be from 4pm to 2am.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime.
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; THE WOODLANDS
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network