Wellhead Field Service Technician – Grande Prairie
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/21/2017 4:51:14 PM
- Job #: 3022259
- Location(s): Canada; Alberta; Grande Prairie
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Field Service Technician will perform duties in the installation, repair, removal, and maintenance of wellhead equipment on customer well sites within the geographical area of assignment.
Initially under the guidance or instruction of an experienced Field Service Representative, the incumbent will undertake any or all of the following:
• Install, repair and maintain equipment at the well site. Perform valve repair, valve lubrication, and wellhead upgrading.
• Repair, assemble, test, maintain tools, and customer equipment.
• Organize, select, and arrange shipment of equipment.
• Maintain all GE property, including truck, service tools, phone, computer equipment, etc. in a clean and ready state.
• Prepare service tickets and detailed Job Safety Analysis (JSA) requirements.
• Promote and perform any field service oriented sales and maintain a confident customer relationship for the company.
• Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by
• Must be willing to travel and assist in other Branch locations as required.
• A valid class 5 license.
• Some oilfield experience is desirable.
• Must communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
• Must be available and willing to travel to customer locations and with such frequency as the employer determines necessary to meet its business needs, including scheduled weekends.
• The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter.
Locations: Canada; Alberta; Grande Prairie
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network