Principal Data Science Evangelist
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/21/2017 8:49:37 PM
- Job #: 3021018
- Location(s): United States; California; San Ramon
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are looking for a highly motivated technical leader who is passionate about technology to join the BHGE Digital team. As Principal Data Science Evangelist, BHGE Digital, you will focus on driving and delivering impactful and innovative enterprise-grade analytics products for the O&G industry.
You will be responsible for evangelizing industrial analytics as well as the development and delivery of analytics products that conform to world class technology principles and maximize re-use and commercial opportunity. You will work closely with Product Management & Engineering teams to deliver features in the Asset Performance Management (APM) suite of products. You will support development of novel IP and publications for sustainable technical differentiation in the data science and analytics space. You will also be responsible for developing and coaching employees within the function.
In this role you will:
- Engage in partnership discussions around analytics and data sciences in the context of technical content, business models and interfaces to Oil & Gas Digital products.
- Engage with GE Digital and BHGE Product Companies to communicate analytic models and data sciences vision, strategy, timing and development status on a regular cadence.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining critical relationships and partnerships across functions to drive adoption of BHGE Digital Data Science and Analytics offerings, methodologies, tooling, and philosophy.
- Work with product management and engineering teams to conceptualize new analytics products and features to delight customers.
- Influence from a technical standpoint across the function and business. Ability to influence at the peer level is key.
- Leverage your technical depth and broader business understanding to coach and develop others on the team.
- Optimize and define new processes and tools, to enable large scale enterprise-grade analytics development and delivery.
- Deliver new, commercially re-usable analytics to drive growth in assets, applications and industry coverage
- Guide team to leverage algorithms (Statistical, Machine Learning, Physics based techniques used in Industrial settings), software application capabilities, strong engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or similar disciplines) & analytics backgrounds and engage key technical & subject matter experts across the business for knowledge capture into the solution
- Provide core product requirements to Product Management, Software Engineering & UX Design
- Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus 10 years analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel 30%
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
- Demonstrated expertise in translating customer need into data and analytics requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, development, verification, and validation of descriptive, applied, predictive, and prescriptive analytics for industrial applications
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more development tools and languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more industry sectors where GE operates (i.e., Aviation, Oil & Gas, Power & Water, Transportation, Mining, Healthcare)
- Expertise in technical project management and a proven track record for delivering projects on time with limited budget and resources
- Ability to manage complex technical projects.
- Demonstrates expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Demonstrates capability of 'rolling up sleeves and getting hands dirty'.
- Works well in fast paced growing environment.
- Effective teaming and problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Proven ability to think customer-first and effectively prioritize and pivot as required.
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Locations: United States; California; San Ramon
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network