Global Sand Control Screens Business Development Manager - Houston, TX
- Job Function: Marketing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/9/2018 6:51:54 PM
- Job #: 1713858
- Location(s): United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Global Sand Control Screens Business Development Manager to be based out of the Center of Technology Innovation in Houston, TX. This position will be responsible and accountable in growing the global Lower Completions Screen business for the Completions Product Line. Candidate will liaise with Product Line Marketing, Technology, Procurement, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing and our Customers to formulate and execute a strategy to grow market share at accretive margins.
- Solid understanding of all BHGE and competitive screen solutions and customers’ requirements.
- Lead creation of marketing and sales tools to fit customer needs, improve share position, reduce equipment costs and maximize profitability to BHGE.
- Stay vigilant with the competition in the market, provide distinct technical solution (with the support of global and local technical support team) and flexible commercial mode to sustain and increase market share
- Work together with the Regions, Product Line, and Supply Chain to meet and exceed planned profitability targets.
- Build high level relationship and intimacy with customers’ senior management & decision makers.
- Lead creation of equipment standardization to help minimize inventory an enhance efficiency.
- Assists Sales /Operations teams in the preparation of tenders, bids, and contracts.
- Build supply strategy for internal manufacturing and outsourced third party supplier selection.
- Benchmark and evaluate the market to identify potential suppliers that are leaders in the industry with leading edge innovation, technology and value
- Manages supplier’s performance and performs risk management
- Develops and maintains metrics (key performance indicators) and continuously improves the outcomes measured
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; MBA degree desirable
- 8+ years Energy industry experience in sales, management, or strategic planning
- International working experience.
- Broad knowledge Lower Completions and Screens – (preferable across multiple geographies and customers)
- Able to interact at a senior level within client companies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English (with both oral and written skills).
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience displaying a thorough understanding of the needs of the operator / asset manager.
- Work in collaboration with sales teams to deliver assigned goals and develop joint selling opportunities with BHGE divisions
- Ability to multi task and prioritize, good project management
- Skillful negotiator and astute commercial experience
- Familiarity with the products, technologies, and services related to Completions and Well Interventions markets
- Knowledge of financial analysis and risk principles and analysis
- Solid track record in driving and implementing change
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network