Internship Lean Manufacturing – Florence
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Co-op/Intern
- Posted Date: 2/21/2018 4:34:40 AM
- Job #: 3030096
- Location(s): Italy; Florence
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The trainee will provide support to Manufacturing functions in develop any lean & improvement initiative starting from 5S, visual management and material presentation.
He/She will support the Manufacturing team in:
- Implementing simplification projects targeted to lead time reduction and waste elimination (like 5S projects, supermarket/kanban systems implementation, material presentation improvement projects)
- ensuring full engagement of shop operators across the lines/plant
- monitoring the progress of kaizen actions that come out from regular events (1 day AWO, etc…) in the shop
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in a mechanical or management engineering
- Good knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and fundamentals
- Self-starter and problem solving attitude
- Ability to accomplish goals through collaborative effort
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Clear thinker, problem solving skills along with process improvement driven mindset
- Good knowledge of IT tools
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- EU Work Permit
Locations: Italy; Florence
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network