Facilities Manager - Midland, TX
- Job Function: Properties
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/22/2017 10:50:32 AM
- Job #: 1714004
- Location(s): United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Facilities Manager in our Midland, TX facility. This role will coordinate and oversee the safe, secure, and environmentally sound operations and maintenance of the facility. This needs to be accomplished in a cost effective manner aimed at long term preservation of the asset value.
- Manage operations and maintenance of utilities, heating and air conditioning, doors, elevators, cranes, lighting, pest control, office furniture, signage, interior and exterior landscaping, parking areas, cleaning of offices, workshop and yard, cleaning, catering, preventative and unscheduled maintenance, and energy efficiency.
- Manage and support HS&E compliance involving emergency response.
- Manage access control systems and general security.
- Liaise with IT for telecommunications infrastructure operation and maintenance
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to enhance facilities operation and reduce operating costs.
- Responsible for all relocations of personnel within the facility.
- Responsible for all operating permits being current.
- Insure that the facility is operated and maintained in accordance with all government regulations.
- Maintain current drawings of the facility.
- The facility manager is responsible for preparing a January cost center budget for each facility they manage. These will be reviewed by the real estate director or manager they report to.
- The plans will be presented to a plan review meeting to the VP Real Estate & Facilities once the plan is approved by the Real Estate Director and VP of Real Estate, they will be submitted to the Geomarkets, VP, Region President, Supply Chain VP, or Product Line President for their review. If any changes are required, these will be reviewed between the user and the VP of Real Estate to make a final determination on if any changes are to be made.
- Real Estate managers or directors will prepare a monthly report outlining all significant variances and the causes.
- The GeoMarket controller, region VP finance, supply chain controllers, and product line VP finance will receive monthly cost center reports for facilities cost for each of their facilities.
- A complete report will be prepared at a minimum of yearly outlining all costs saving initiatives undertaken in that timeframe. This will be distributed to Geomarkets, Region Hemisphere, Supply Chain and Product Line.
- All facility invoices will be coded by a person designated by the facility manager. The approval path will be facility manager, Real Estate manager, Real Estate director, VP of Real Estate, VP and controller, CFTO, COO, and CEO.
- Associate's Degree with 8+ years’ experience or Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years’ experience
- SAP Experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge, including Word and Excel
- Finance and Accounting experience, will be approving invoices and building budgets
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Professional certification in facility management or property management
- Previous leadership experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; MIDLAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network