Health and Safety Specialist - Oklahoma City, OK
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 11/29/2017 4:51:08 PM
- Job #: 1713704
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Health and Safety Specialist in our Oklahoma City, OK facility.
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively address area-wide safety issues.
- Training/coaching managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Preparing analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspecting organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determining corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and following up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assisting product line managers with the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperating in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiling and submitting accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Providing support to management and acting as champion for the development and execution of a performance based safety program throughout the company.
- Interacting with area managers and employees to develop responses to worker safety concerns, including performing JHAs and implementation of engineering controls to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards.
- Leading the effort to implement an effective HSE MS program.
- Ensuring environmental compliance as required by federal, state, and county regulatory agencies. Responsibilities include preparing, maintaining, and updating required environmental permits as well as maintaining and filing compliance reporting documents to meet regulatory schedules.
- Representing company for official duties required with environmental and safety regulatory agencies.
- Overseeing the collection and disposal of hazardous waste and maintaining hazardous waste manifest documentation.
- Supporting the Crisis Management Team activities by providing subject matter expertise during events.
- Work closely with Risk Management to ensure Workers Compensation claims, including providing a review of the treatment plan to ensure optimal recovery of worker.
- Determining the compliance necessary and maintaining and updating safety policies and programs, ensuring that new policies or programs are implemented in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements. Implementing necessary changes on a timely basis that meet all requirements in keeping with the business environment.
- Interacting with internal customers to provide cost benefit analysis and waste minimization options to effectively reduce or eliminate waste streams
- Associate’s degree and 3-4 years’ relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years’ relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to make decisions and manage emergency situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health and Safety related field.
- Associate level HSE Certification
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Certified Hazard Materials Management designation
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HSE&S Management systems.
- Experience in EHS auditing
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; OKLAHOMA CITY
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network