Materials Specialist Handler - Sand Springs , OK
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/9/2018 4:52:16 PM
- Job #: 1714278
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; SAND SPRINGS
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Material Specialist Handler in Sand Springs, OK. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, GE company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders
- This individual will be under direct supervision, assists in the performance of a variety of warehousing duties
- Puts up stock, (rotates, lines-up, and stocks) according to SAP designations. Loads and unloads tank trucks of chemicals
- Carries out daily preventive maintenance on fork lift, inventory raw materials and finished products, verifies shipping and receiving documents, manipulates loads weighing from 40-36,000 lbs, reads scales to verify accuracy of drum weights, utilizes tank strapping to avoid overfills and adheres to plant safety policies and procedures
- Works outdoors year round in all types of weather conditions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 + years of industrial material handling experience using a forklift
- Ability to maintain forklift certification
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions and to write intelligible reports
- Knowledge of plant lay out including location of finished products and raw materials
- Knowledge of paperwork flow for shipping and receiving documents
- Plant safety policies and procedure
- Be willing to work overtime
- Needs to be comfortable with heights
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculation
- Previous industrial chemical handling experience
Sand Springs, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; SAND SPRINGS
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network