Field Service Engineer – Machinery Diagnostics
- Job Function: Services
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/22/2017 5:49:32 AM
- Job #: 3034379
- Location(s): Norway
BHGE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, BHGE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
BHGE Bently Nevada maintains nearly 100 offices in the principal industrial centres of 43 countries, serving a broad base of more than 25,000 customers in industries from refineries and petrochemical plants to hydroelectric facilities and wind farms. BHGE Bently Nevada offer comprehensive and excellent product training and offer competitive salary compensation.
BHGE’s Bently Nevada product line has been synonymous with machinery protection and condition monitoring for more than 50 years and is a leading global supplier of products and services for assessing and ensuring the mechanical and thermodynamic health of industrial equipment.
- Have high focus on safety against people, environment and equipment.
- Proactive anticipate in driving our safety culture forward
- Make sure you have all valid certificates in place to conduct service onshore/offshore.
- Anticipate in a good working environment and being a good colleague
- Take responsibility in your own and the teams learning.
- Follow administration processes & tools, including but not limited to SAP, Zalaris, EHS training and Concur updated in a timely manner
- By use of Bently Nevada software/hardware products; analyse rotating machinery equipment locally at customers site or by remote log in from our office in Bergen.
- Diagnosing machinery based upon: vibration data, operational data, and customer communications.
- Issue monthly reports, exception reports or fault analyse reports
- Assist in knowledge transfer into the organization based on customer feedback, field work and experience.
- Anticipate in delivery and development of customer training courses and carry out internal & external customer training.
- Support sales organization and anticipate in customer meetings
- Prepare service reports, timesheets and expense report after completion of service jobs per applicable procedures and policies.
- Travelling to onshore and offshore job locations with variable duration
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical engineering
- Significant experience with rotating equipment in the oil & gas and/or Power generation sectors.
- Experience with vibration analysis & Condition monitoring ISO Cat II+
- Fit for onshore and offshore work in Norway
- Strong oral and written communication skills, both Norwegian and English
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Ability to travel on short notice
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network