Field Specialist (Conventional Fishing) - US Land
- Job Function: Field Operations
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/4/2017 1:49:40 PM
- Job #: 1714422
- Location(s): United States; Texas; SAN ANTONIO
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Field Specialist (Conventional Fishing) to work across all US Land well sites.
- Under minimal supervision run multiple applications of medium to high risk in one or more product lines in the Wellbore Intervention Product Group.
- Responsible for job planning, technical guidance, and contingency fishing operations, which includes advising on appropriate applications in accordance with customer requirements across various well sites in the United States
- Prepares daily and post-job reports to detail Wellbore Intervention activities, costs, and other requirements as required by the customer.
- Ensures that critical information is communicated to appropriate manager or other staff.
- Works well within a team environment, and is able to communicate effectively with other members of the team
- May conduct on-the-job training for Fishing/Whipstock applications, as required.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values
- 7 years of relevant experience, supporting a full range of fishing, Whipstock, and pipe recovery operations
- Wellbore Intervention experience, which includes open hole, Whipstocks and cased hole fishing
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision on snubbing units, rig assist snubbing units, coil units, workover rigs, and drilling rigs.
- Ability to use software packages, including programs to generate fishing drawings, job procedures, job tickets, and fishing programs
- Ability to be on 24 hour call working a 21/7 work schedule
- Willingness to cross train in other product line specialties
Committed to HS&E and Road Journey Management
Basic knowledge of Hydraulic calculations and all other calculations needed to perform flawlessly at the wellsite
- 2 year technical degree or Associates Degree
Proficient in other product line specialty: R&S, Packers, Motors, Liners.
US Land well sites
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; SAN ANTONIO
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network