- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/4/2017 8:49:45 PM
- Job #: 3008935
- Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering.
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
• Responsible for DCS (Distributed Control System) Software and HMI (Human Machine Interface) Software design, development and product support; Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast pace. Participate in all stages of development from brainstorming through feature development, all the way to fixing the bugs under a tight release deadline. Produce clear design, excellent implementation and high quality code.
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision; Support PLLs and Controlled Title Holders (CTHs) to develop multi generation software technology plans.
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards, and drive increased efficiency across the teams, leverage product and technology reuse.
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities.
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across business team and with PLLs.
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Good command of oral and writing English, CET-6 level
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience of software development for BS degree candidates; and minimum 3 years for MS degree candidates
- C++/C/C#/Java/MFC/Web Service design skill is required
- Knowledge of DCS system is a plus
- Strong responsibility and flexibility under work pressure
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and good team work player
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments
- Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong customer mindset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Ability to undertake occasional work on client site
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network