Engineering Project Manager- Controls
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/8/2018 1:52:49 PM
- Job #: 3031209
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Nailsea
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Engineering Project Manager (PEM) for the Subsea Production & Intervention Controls Systems group will provide Technical Project Delivery across both requisition and NPI projects. The role provides a critical linkage between Engineering, Projects and Product Management.
- Provide leadership on assigned projects (both requisition and NPI) to ensure financial and contractual execution through established company procedures
- Deliver professional, high quality results to customers (Internal and external)
- Support project proposal development including scope definition, configuration, implementation, tracking and control of projects
- Estimate budgets and track costs of projects, and is accountable for meeting project budget targets
- Lead engineering plan creation with engineering discipline managers and gain formal acceptance
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Lead multi-disciplinary project team including coaching and technical direction to meet project deliverables
- Work closely with other disciplines including Sourcing (including Suppliers) & Manufacturing
- Provide regular updates to project stakeholders
- Act as a change agent in the business with energy, passion & enthusiasm to support business activities and alignment of processes to GE Oil & Gas
- Take responsibility for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of process effectiveness and efficiency within the team
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or Science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in project engineering management or project leadership position
- Proven ability to achieve business’ targets
- Able to interface effectively at all levels of the organization and customers
- Problem solving and report out
- Resilient & persistent under all circumstances
- Commercially astute
- Must have aptitude for learning new technology, techniques, methods and principles
- Ability to understand and connect into the wider BHGE and OFE business to translate business messages across organisation
- Practical knowledge of NPI and project requisition processes
- Demonstrated competency in using standard project management tools
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment
- Display energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and the ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to champion and promote the BHGE Cultural Pillars
- Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales
- Ability to travel internationally as required at short notice.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent report writing & presentation skills
- Fluent English Speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Ability to provide senior leadership updates in a concise and accurate manner
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities
- Product Lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network