Sensor Specialist & Data Scientist
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/9/2018 11:50:22 AM
- Job #: 3031230
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Nailsea
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented peo
The Sensor Specialist and Data Scientist within the Subsea Production & Intervention Controls Systems will provide world class expertise on sensing technologies and practical use of gathered data to drive proactive maintenance strategies. The role will drive and embed data science techniques into the Engineering function and become a focal for future activities
- Development and implementation of Sensors across BHGE Subsea products
- Implementation of Sensor Technologies across the Subsea business
- Determination of gathered data from different sensor technologies and development of strategies for use of data within a Digital environment
- Creation and support of Digital strategy across Subsea business
- Understanding of sensor data and how that relates to the development and commercialisation of a proactive maintenance strategy for Oil & Gas operators
- Developing a sensor system level approach in order to support proactive maintenance strategies and Life of Field opportunities
- Responsibility and accountability for delivery of specific sensor based work scopes with allocated project teams
- Collaboration across GE/BHGE organisation in order to drive consistent sensor strategy that meets the needs of the Subsea market
- Responsibility for developing and delivering Safe and Compliant products across the Engineering Group
- Working with allocated project team to deliver the required sensors as dictated by the project scope
- Collaboration across the organisation to ensure smooth and effective delivery of all relevant Customer projects (EPC and Brownfield Project types
- Support the organisation with technical guidance and development of a world class sensor offering
- Interface to internal and external clients as needed building relationships
- Full review of technical scope, requirements and specifications relating to sensor requirements
- Support in gathering Industry VoC and translating that into technical and product offerings
- Supporting Engineering bid work as required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering or Science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Strong Analytical background
- Proven experience of utilising statistical techniques to drive proactive data science strategies
- Proficient in programming language related to data science industry (Python, R etc)
- Proven experience of instrumentation/sensing applications related to the O&G industry
- Deep understanding of the instrumentation market and technologies available
- Aptitude for learning new technology, techniques, methods and principles
- Ability to understand and connect into the wider GE/BHGE and OFE business to translate business messages across organisation
- Understanding of Subsea architecture and ability to translate that into a winning subsea offering.
- Practical knowledge of NPI and project requisition processes
- Ability to champion and promote the BHGE Cultural Pillars
- Experience developing world class, market leading products
- Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales
- Ability to travel internationally as required at short notice.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent report writing & presentation skills
- Fluent English Speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Ability to provide senior leadership updates in a concise and accurate manner
- Understanding and exposure to GE Predix platform
- Understanding and practical application of machine learning techniques
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities
- Product Lifecycle management (PLM) knowledge
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network