Lead Electronic Engineer
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/9/2018 11:50:26 AM
- Job #: 3031237
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Nailsea
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Lead Electronic Engineer is characterised by strong product knowledge, self-motivation, leadership traits and a continuous improvement mind-set.
The candidate would be expected to engage in all Electronic aspects of the Topsides, Subsea and Test Equipment Engineering and have proven design experience of high reliability, low volume and custom design equipment.
Specific Subsea and or Offshore design experience is preferred.
- Interpretation and communication of industry and international codes and standards.
- Interpretation and implementation of client standards and global practices.
- Ensuring and verify technical compliance of products with specification, codes, standards, legislation and client technical requirements.
- Engagement with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) developing and maintaining effective relationships/partnerships in order to meet programme schedule.
- Generation and / or review of technical procurement specifications, parts and document suites.
- Product and task ownership including the generation of robust design files to demonstrate due diligence.
- Ensuring that product design conforms with field proven or qualified technologies.
- Promoting Compliance, Quality & EHS integrity through developing succinct procedures, work instructions, product and process related documentation and creatively promote their use.
- Professional representation of GE in client and vendor focussed design review.
- Technically drive contribution to vendor selection processes.
- Continuously contribute to department and site goals and objectives.
- Act as a change agent in the business with energy, passion & enthusiasm to support business activities and alignment of processes to meet business needs.
- Takes responsibility in working across global SPS Engineering Teams to deliver solutions to assigned work packages.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work to agreed schedules and be ‘commercially aware' in engineering solutions.
- Implement initiatives and best practices to continuously improve the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR) responsiveness of the organization to
customer and business needs.
- Working closely with the New Product Initiative (NPI) team to support the delivery of NPI programs and assisting in defining the technology gaps to drive future NPI alignment.
- Management and review of outsourced (internal or external) work packages and removal of barriers to achieve success.
- Responsible for demonstrating adherence to schedule and budget commitments for assigned packages of work.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering OR International equivalent and work experience on closely related equipment.
- Proven experience in process verification and validation methodologies in relevant / similar environments.
- Proven experience in PCB design, manufacture and fault finding. Experience in schematic capture
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design and document change control.
- Electronic simulation and analysis experience and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Proven ability to achieve business’ targets.
- Strong technical problem solving and report out.
- Resilient & persistent under all circumstances.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Country of posting.
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly across boundaries and international cultures
- Fluent English Speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Experience and knowledge of the design and operation of Subsea Production Control Systems.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- Experience of working in a global team.
- Computer base knowledge (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/CAD).
- Attention to detail.
- Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding creativity and ability to communicate ideas.
- Customer Focus.
Locations: United Kingdom; Nailsea
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network