- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/11/2018 4:51:10 AM
- Job #: 3038620
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Leicester
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Groby facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPOs & CD) and contribute to longer-term Continus/process improvements to drive productivity.
- Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
- Development and ownership of assembly processes and procedures
- Provide electro-mechanical support to production floor
- Preparation, release and control of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
- Creation of product routings within ERP system
- Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
- Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance, yield and cost
- Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
- HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline.
- Sound understanding of stress/strain and ability to apply to pressure systems design.
- Understanding of Electromechanical Assembly/Sub Assy, in a technical production environment.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools.
- Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration/validation processes.
- Ability to use CAD (Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks or AutoCAD) to design fixtures and analyse product designs.
- Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
- Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Experience of using SAP ERP
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with pressure measurement technologies
- Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network