Lead Software Design Engineer – Pressure Engineering
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/23/2018 11:53:19 AM
- Job #: 3039579
- Location(s): United Kingdom; Leicester
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
GE Digital Solutions has a vacancy for a Lead/Senior Software Engineer to enhance its Software Engineering function. This rapidly growing division is looking for the finest candidates to provide first class Engineering support to the Pressure sensing business. The team designs innovative pressure sensors and test and calibration equipment in response to Customer Product Opportunities (CPOs) and larger projects driven by organic growth and market demands.
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical leadership of small teams of software engineers.
- Ensuring requirements are captured, specified & translated correctly into cohesive development & verification plans.
- Experience of implementing embedded firmware with an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#)
- Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven years, solid commercial experience with effective project leadership using SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews
- Developing drivers (C++/COM) for embedded systems.
- Development of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
- Strong knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
- Production of architectural and detailed designs
- Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
- Strong time management skills, work to deadlines & respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
- Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
- Work within an Agile development environment – ideally seasoned Scrum Master qualified
- Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry recognised software.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Development of instrumentation and sensor/metrology related software solutions
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools
- Reviewing marketing information and creating design specifications
- Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
- Manufacturing support and ability to solve manufacturing related problems quickly
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network