Completion Engineer - Integrated Operation
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/16/2017 4:49:07 AM
- Job #: 1714677
- Location(s): United Arab Emirates; Dubai; DUBAI
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Member of the Well Engineering team. Performs completion and well engineering activities within area of geographical responsibility according to guidelines and processes set out in the IO Management System.
- Plan and perform completion and well engineering activities at office level and provide engineering support to field level operations.
- Monitor and apply current best practices and technological advancements to all operations.
- Participate in peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to completion and well engineering.
- Participate in team meetings and strategy discussions.
- Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s).
- Ensure that actual well costs and other pre-defined KPIs are monitored and benchmarked against offset data and pre-defined well objectives.
- Conduct post well evaluations of completion, Workover (WO) and well intervention practices and effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively with well site/project Drilling/Completion/WO Engineers on a daily and as needed basis, and make recommendations to engineers to optimize performance.
- Participate in implementation of QA procedures as per IO Management System and contractual requirements.
- Conduct business according to our Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Well site engineering support may be required at times.
- Participate in tender bid preparation process as needed for drilling & well engineering input. This might include travel to other office locations.
- Participate in and conduct customer presentations & meetings, as needed, including travel to other office locations.
Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering or other petroleum industry-related 4 yr degree.
Masters degree a plus.
- 10+ years experience in completion engineering.
- International working experience is an advantage.
- Experience of onshore operations is an advantage.
- HPHT experience is an advantage.
- High-end proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in the use of completion, tubing, flow and well design software's.
- Well Control certification is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Effective communicator with all levels of company and customer personnel.
- Ability to work independently within a given framework.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai; DUBAI
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network