Senior Project Engineer (Electrical)
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/23/2018 10:49:34 PM
- Job #: 3042355
- Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Advanced Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Design and build complex electrical and automatic control system with CAD drawings, BOM, programs, Validation plan and Documentation delivery on time and quality.
- Execute customer projects and new product programs as project electrical engineer by integration, installation and commissioning of automation system in both plant and customer site.
- Work out system proposal, concept design, cost estimation, risk evaluation in pre-sales phase to meet customer requirements to win customer orders.
- Work out project design proposal and flow down to mechanical, electrical, software and application work scope and CTQs, and lead the project execution process.
- Work with cross function teams like project management, sourcing, manufacturing, quality, service and safety in the whole project process to ensure all technical issues be tracked and controlled.
- Perform design review for components and sub-system from design engineers in diversified domains under GE review process.
- Work out innovative ideas, patents and technical articles based on daily system engineering work.
- Understand technology and market trends in a dynamic way and define product roadmap and innovation direction to team to follow.
- Bachelor’s or above degree in Electrical and Automation domain.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience of electrical and automation system design, build and commissioning.
- 10+ years of project engineering experience of leading, coordinating, communicating and executing in complex automation system projects.
- Experts in motion control domain like PLC, motion controller, servo motor positioning, motion software, electrical noise suppression, multi-axis motion, filed-bus and others.
- Proved proficiency in mainstream electrical design tool like AutoCAD electrical and Eplan;
- Programing for PC-based automation control by VC or VB tool;
- Project experience of motion controller like UMAC, PCI8164 is a plus;
- Experience of TRS and EMC is a plus;
- Fluent English in both oral and written to handle international communications effectively;
- Leadership and influence skills in daily work.
- Willing to travel locally and globally;
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network