Manufacturing Engineer (Artificial Lift) - Claremore, OK
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/22/2017 6:49:27 PM
- Job #: 1715469
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; CLAREMORE
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to support Artificial Lift in Claremore, OK. This role supports all aspects of the manufacturing processes and related equipment in support of ESP component production and assembly. Successful candidates will be required to take a “hands on” approach to problem solving, have demonstrated project management skills, and a desire to learn. Candidate will work closely with production employees and Product Engineering to provide best practices for manufacturing.
- Execution of capital projects on time and within budget.
- Continuous improvement projects for manufacturing equipment
- Support the integration of Lean Manufacturing.
- Optimize the manufacturing processes to improve quality and material flow, while reducing cycle times and set-up times.
- Manage process documentation such as work instructions, routings, and engineering change management.
- Lead efforts to document process Flow Charts, FMEA’s, and Control plans.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments (Engineering, Quality, Production, Vendors, etc.)
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or MET preferred
- 2+ years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of general principles, concepts, theories, and practices of applicable discipline.
- Must possess strong computer skills: SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CAD programs (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, NX), etc.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Experience with the development and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Experience with supporting new product development from the manufacturing side
- Experienced leader of cost-focused solutions to manufacturing issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; CLAREMORE
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network