HSE Specialist - Minot, ND
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 12/28/2017 11:50:05 AM
- Job #: 1715520
- Location(s): United States; North Dakota; MINOT
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE has an opening for a HSE Specialist in Minot, ND.
- Perform all functions of the job with the highest level of compliance and integrity.
- Integrate the BHGE Safety Culture of HSE ownership throughout all areas of the facility.
- Lead the roll out HSE programs at the facility level.
- Serve as the facility technical program and training resource for all HSE disciplines.
- Lead and conduct HSE audits, inspections and evaluations, including: 1) Physical conditions safety inspections, 2) Program audits, 3) Compliance & Permit audits (Safety, Security, Product & Environmental), 4) IH Sampling, 5) OSHA record keeping audits, and 6) Others as assigned.
- Mentor Facility Operations Management teams to drive HSE ownership grow operational capabilities and ensure a safety and compliance mindset.
- Identify and support the implementation of ergonomics solutions, ergonomics training and ergonomic communications.
- Provide HSE support to facility for the development of capital improvement needs, plans, and justifications with HSE impact.
- Support/Lead regulatory inspections and investigations as required.
- Support Facility Management with incident investigations, corrective action plans and follow-up initiatives, including Workers Compensation review investigations.
- Identify and share best practices through network wide communications.
- Support facility oversight for environmental programs (Air Permitting, RCRA, SARA, TSCA, and other site level applicable regulations).
- Provide direct linkage between facility environmental activities and Corporate Environmental Management.
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively address area-wide safety issues.
- Training/coaching managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Preparing analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspecting organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determining corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and following up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assisting product line managers with the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperating in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiling and submitting accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Providing support to management and acting as champion for the development and execution of a performance based safety program throughout the company.
- Interfacing with area managers and employees to develop responses to worker safety concerns, including performing JHAs and implementation of engineering controls to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards.
- Leading the effort to implement an effective HSE MS program.
- Ensuring environmental compliance as required by federal, state, and county regulatory agencies. Responsibilities include preparing, maintaining, and updating required environmental permits as well as maintaining and filing compliance reporting documents to meet regulatory schedules.
- Representing company for official duties required with environmental and safety regulatory agencies.
- Overseeing the collection and disposal of hazardous waste and maintaining hazardous waste manifest documentation.
- Supporting the Crisis Management Team activities by providing subject matter expertise during events.
- Work closely with Risk Management to ensure Workers Compensation claims, including providing a review of the treatment plan to ensure optimal recovery of worker.
- Determining the compliance necessary and maintaining and updating safety policies and programs, ensuring that new policies or programs are implemented in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements. Implementing necessary changes on a timely basis that meet all requirements in keeping with the business environment.
- Interacting with internal customers to provide cost benefit analysis and waste minimization options to effectively reduce or eliminate waste streams.
- Recognized technical expert in a related HSE field.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and/or field location personnel where required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills.
- Willingness to work with people of different cultures and countries.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations and regulatory process; the ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement HSE regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Experience in HSE Management Systems and Auditing.
- Experience in Root Cause investigation techniques.
- Minimum 4 year (BS) Degree required
- Professional designations recognized by HSE certifying bodies (CIH,CSP,CRSP,ASP, etc…) preferred
- 0-3 years of oilfield operational experience preferred
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; North Dakota; MINOT
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network