Sr Staff DevOps Engineer
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 3/14/2018 2:51:47 AM
- Job #: 3043074
- Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for building & supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework for applications deployed into the Predix.io Industrial Internet Cloud. Responsible for environment management and support. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/He contributes to DevOps discussions.
In this role, you will:
• Build Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment software tools that will support, enhance and grow our CI and CD capabilities
• Build Scripts: Utilize standard scripting tools to define the builds.
• Create Reusable Artifacts: Reusable code base needs to be organized into libraries with
versions and consumed from repositories during the build process.
• Create Deployment Scripts: Configurable deployments need to be automated using the
• Develop Automated Tests: Unit tests & functional test needs to be automated using the test suites.
• Develop Continuous integration: Aim for continuous integration builds and alert the developers when the build breaks with build report.
• Ability to automate Release Notes generation by integrating CI tool framework with Bug tracking system.
• Maintain Separation of Environments: Create and maintain multiple non-polluting application environments with a clear separation (Dev, QA, UAT, Stage etc.,).
• Develop Build Promotion and Demotion: Develop and execute the promotion process (Dev->QA->UAT->…etc.) and a process to remove builds that fail from the environment.
• Assist the engineering teams by improving productivity in development integration and automation
• Improve our knowledge base and provide thought leadership in development automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in DevOps or build/release; OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience in DevOps or build/release
• Experience working in Public Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel (roughly 10% of the time)
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore or Mumbai, India
• Significant experience with Linux/ Unix Operating systems and one or more scripting languages (e.g. bash, perl, python)
• Significant experience working with Jenkins (including plugins) or other build automation tools such as Teamcity, AnthillPro, Ubuild/Udeploy or Bamboo.
• Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Version One, Pivotal Tracker, Rally or any other similar tool.
• Significant experience with one or more of the following: GIT, GitHub, SVN or Perforce
• Significant experience in automation and scripting using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SALT, Jenkins, Bash, CFEngine, etc. on Linux/*nix
• Strong Experience with one or more of the following: Artifactory, Nexus, or another artifact storage tool.
• Extensive Experience with Build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Ant and/or other build tools
• Strong Experience with Embedded Ruby, Groovy or similar tools to develop and automate custom Modules.
• Applied experience with modern application technologies and design patterns including Public Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP), distributed computing, horizontal scaling, and database technologies.
• Experience with Databases like MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, RDS, Redshift etc.
• Experience Deploying code on Cloud based Infrastructure like Private cloud (OpenStack, Bare Metal systems or VM based environments) or Public Cloud (Rackspace or AWS EC2 Instances or Google Cloud) or across Hybrid Cloud Environments.
• Embraces technology trends that drive intelligent automation
• Experience using containers like Docker based CI/CD approach.
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Ability to work with engineers from various global locations and timezones
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Locations: India; Bangalore
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network