Intern - Manufacturing/Processes Engineering
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Co-op/Intern
- Posted Date: 2/13/2018 3:50:33 AM
- Job #: 3044170
- Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE’s internships offer a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience through challenging projects, learn from some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the business and network with a variety of talented professionals.
• Understand Oil and Gas equipment manufacturing procedures/controls and assist the mentor engineer to identify and implement possible improvements.
• Assist the Lean Leader in Implementation of lean initiatives
• Assist the cell leaders in the efforts to align with lean manufacturing concepts, continuous processes flow.
• Assist the engineer to identify, initiate and realize simplification and cost saving projects through the use of Lean Six Sigma techniques.
• If necessary, provide support and assistance to the development and industrialization of processes capacity line balancing.
• Currently pursuing a Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Material and/or Industrial Engineering
• Basic understanding of production and manufacturing operations, Machining (Milling and Turning), Welding, NDE processes.
• Strong language proficiency to read, understand and write English.
• Proficiency with MS Office (especially in Excel) and Outlook.
• Knowledge on Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering,
• Knowledge on Industrial standards & practices.
• Basic project management skills.
• Self-disciplined, able to work independently with good time management.
• Open to learning and be engaging with the engineers.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills.
Locations: Singapore; Singapore
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network