CNC Machinist - 3rd Shift (Artificial Lift) - Claremore, OK
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/5/2018 11:50:29 AM
- Job #: 1713748
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; CLAREMORE
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a CNC Machinist – 3rd Shift to support Artificial Lift Services in the Claremore, OK facility. This individual will operate CNC Long Housing Lathe to cut threads in chrome and carbon based materials. Troubleshoot potential issues and collaborate with cross functional teams to solve machining issues. Keep area clean and functional utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
- Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required. Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- 3rd shift work schedule: Sunday – Thursday, 10pm – 6am
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience working as a CNC Machinist
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD & T). Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- 3 years’ experience in CNC Machining preferred
- Team Player
- Flexible to change at moment’s notice
- Overtime Oriented
- 6S and Lean experience a plus.
- SAP experience a plus
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; CLAREMORE
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network