Chemist (Analytical Services) Sugar Land, TX
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/5/2018 4:50:51 PM
- Job #: 1715492
- Location(s): United States; Texas; SUGAR LAND
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Chemist needed in the Analytical Services Team supporting field operations, local R&D groups, and GLP for product registrations. This individual will work independently at times or within a team to provide quality analytical test results on solids, water, hydrocarbon, petrochemical, and finished product samples and be able to interpret and present the results to the customer. They will conduct routine chemical measurements using various analytical instrumentation and develop new methods for improved accuracy, precision, and efficiency.
- Run IC, ICP, XRF, XRD, HPLC/UPLC, FTIR, and physical properties testing: density, viscosity, flashpoint, pour point
- Prepare standards and samples for analysis.
- Perform physical, chemical and instrumental techniques on upstream and downstream field samples, raw materials and finished products.
- Able to learn new techniques, multitask, follow instructions to comply with SOPs
- Document work clearly and accurately.
- Interpret analytical data and report results to the customer
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Provide excellent
- Bachelors of Science in Chemistry or related field or Master’s Degree and 2 year experience or Ph.D.
- 4 + years of laboratory experience
- Experience with wet chemistry methods and analytical methods
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong aptitude in instrumental analysis (IC, ICP, XRF, XRD, HPLC/UPLC, FTIR, etc.)
- Familiarity in ISO 9001 system and GLP processes
- Able to perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; SUGAR LAND
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network