Engineer - Mechanical Component
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/7/2018 11:50:16 PM
- Job #: 3043737
- Location(s): India; Coimbatore
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oil-field products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The configuration Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· This position as Engineering Product configuration Lead (EPCL) who will be having complete responsible for all defined Engineering Deliverable such as configuration of control valve and safety valve for allocated project orders which starts from Engineering risk review , closing the open points after interaction with Project management team as well as with global Engineering teams.
· Maintain product structured parts list for optional customer requirements and keep the optional parts definition updated to meets standards parts definition.
· Maintain product configuration rules for optional parts definition.
· EPCL will be responsible to ensure all the Engineering deliverable are met before the milestone dates to ensure OTD & Quality.
. Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives like automation/ Quality / Process improvement projects
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
. Document the work in PLM and other corporate document repositories.
· Work on ERP such as AutoCAD, SAP, Oracle
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering with a minimum 2-5 years of experience in an engineering / technical position
· Adequate skill on CAD packages and ERP such as AutoCAD, SAP, Oracle
· Exposure in international technical/ regulatory standards and codes such as ASTM/ASME BPVCs, B16.5, B16.34, B16.25, Atex, SIL, IBR etc
· Exposure in Non Destructive testing processes specifications.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
· Project Management Expertise, Exposure in requisition processes.
· Control Valve(CV) / Pneumatic Actuator/ Safety Relief Valve (SRV) Expertise, Exposure in requisition processes.
Locations: India; Coimbatore
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network