Project Engineer (Manufacturing Chemicals) Sand Springs, OK
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/9/2018 12:52:45 PM
- Job #: 1712726
- Location(s): United States; Oklahoma; SAND SPRINGS
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The candidate will work on projects by performing standard engineering assignments while completing project capital project activities. Prepare project scope documents and conducts scope reviews with customer, coordinates internal and external engineering activities, and recommend and implement improvements in the production process.
- Performs standard engineering assignments while completing project capital project activities
- Prepares project scope documents and conducts scope reviews with customer
- Coordinates internal and external engineering activities
- Recommends and implements improvements in the production process
- Recommends appropriate materials, and/or techniques to carry out a specified sequence of standard engineering tasks
- Prepares bid documents and defines specifications and design constraints
- Facilitates communication across engineering functions and departments to ensure project objectives are met
- Manages contractor activity on projects to ensure results are acceptable
- Provides product support, manufacturing support, and failure analysis
- May assist technical support teams in testing new applications and problem solving
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with 6 years’ experience
- 3+ years in Chemical manufacturing or other process industries
- 2+ plus years of full life cycle project management experience
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years’ experience
- Basic analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of general principles, concepts, theories, and practices of applicable discipline
- HSE knowledge
- Process Safety Management
- DCS knowledge
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Sand Springs, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Oklahoma; SAND SPRINGS
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network