- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 1/10/2018 1:50:43 PM
- Job #: 3045513
- Location(s): Ireland; Shannon
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The successful applicant will work as part of the Supply Chain team, be self-motivated & reactive, working to meet Production deadlines whilst also working with other departments including Planning, Stores, Production & Shipping.
This is a permanent role based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Mechanical & Pressure testing of IMA71 / Barrel Holder assemblies & accessories as per drawings and bills of material, maintaining accurate and complete records.
• PMI testing of components/fittings, maintaining traceability records of same.
• Installation of instruments in enclosures, fitting and wiring to order.
• Assembly of flowcells with IMA71 / Barrel Holder and other varying configurations, dimension tests, flow and pressure tests and recording of results.
• Completion, staging, packing and shipment of product to orders, liaising with stores and shipping departments.
• Cycle Counting & Inventory Control with high degree of accuracy.
• Scheduling of work to ensure on time delivery.
• Value people's health and safety in the workplace and continue in keeping strong EHS safe practices at work with the help of every employee.
• Ensuring commitment and compliance with GE Quality policy & procedures with strong focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
• Educated to Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
• Relevant third level qualification as Mechanical Fitter/Mechanical Technician/ Fabricator with experience working in production/manufacturing environment.
• Must be very detailed oriented with an emphasis on accuracy. Strong understanding of mechanical assemblies and traceability charts.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task, strong team player, self-motivated and work on own initiative.
• Some PC Skills including MS Word and Excel
• Ability to work with and understanding of planning systems and inventory control.
- Prior similar work experience
- Experience with SAP an advantage
Locations: Ireland; Shannon
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network