Project Engineering Graduate
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Co-op/Intern
- Posted Date: 1/10/2018 1:50:48 PM
- Job #: 3045537
- Location(s): Ireland; Shannon
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
GE Digital Solutions is a high growth technical business with a global customer base. It is seeking an individual who wants a challenging but rewarding role, contributing to growing the business in line with strategic direction.
An intern would be expected to work with the Project Engineering team to assist in their day to day functions where required.
This role is based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon. This is fixed term contract for 12 months.
Project engineering roles and responsibilities entail:
- Work with Project Engineering Team to generate AutoCAD and Solidworks drawings of electromechanical assemblies for production and customer approval.
- Generation of Bills of Material to match the CAD drawings.
- Maintain and update drawings based on customer approval process.
- Working with Application Engineering Team to support the sales team to deliver initial design reports and proposals and manage the handover of each project from the sales team
- Technical review of customer requirements to ensure compatibility of product with customer needs.
- Oversee the preparation of drawings, technical documents and Manufacturing Record Dossier for specific orders in line with the established ISO compliant documentation system.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross functional teams as necessary, to ensure smooth order execution
- Maintain and update plans based on Project progress to ensure commercial results are achieved.
- The successful candidate will be measured on their ability to deliver drawings and BOMS on time and according to specification and ensure projects are reviewed on-time and within budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Instrumentation or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Some years of technical experience in a related industry, Oil & Gas Industry experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Applications, AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- Solidworks (2011 or higher) is essential
- AutoCAD (version 2009 or higher) is essential
- Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Experience using Oracle or SAP Data Management software systems
- Oil & Gas Industry experience preferred
- Autodesk Inventor
Locations: Ireland; Shannon
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on BHGE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.Join Our Talent Network